Point Yacht Club Membership
The tabs below will assist you to become a member. You should have any further questions
about being a member, please email email@example.com for further assistance.
Why join PYC
Becoming a member of Point Yacht Club!
To join and become a member of the Point Yacht Club, the following steps will need to take place:
1. Complete the Online application, or, hand in your Application form at Reception.
2. Wait +-2 weeks for your application form to be approved by the General Committee.
3. Once your application has been approved, the Administrator will contact you via e-mail to collect your membership card.
4. The first years’ subscriptions are payable in advance. Thereafter you may elect to make use of the Club’s debit order facility for more convenient, smaller monthly payments.
5. New members are required to read the Club’s Constitution and to make themselves aware of the rules and regulations.
As a member of the Point Yacht Club you will enjoy the following benefits:
-Access to two well positioned facilities. Our beach site facility is based at Vetch’s beach at the
Point precinct of Durban, and the harbour site based at the Yacht Mole on the Victoria Embankment.
-Both sites have fully equipped food and beverage facilities where members enjoy discounted pricing.
-Both sites offer Ablution & Shower facilities.
-Numerous watersport disciplines are supported, including Sailing, Ski-Boat Angling, Paddle-Ski Angling, Surf-Ski and Canoe paddling, and Stand-Up Paddle-Boarding.
-Both social and competitive boating activities are supported, with an active calendar in place.
-Training programs for children, from novice to expert.
-Access to the waterways based at the Durban Marina, and access to the Indian Ocean at Vetch’s Beach.
-A private slipway at the harbour site for easy launching and retrieval.
-Slipping facilities for large boats, and dry storage at the harbour site.
-Function venues suitable for weddings, conferences, cocktail parties, birthday parties, and banquets, where the venue hire, food and beverage rates all qualify for preferential members’ pricing.
-Social networking with people of common interests.
-Reciprocity membership at 25 Yacht Clubs in South Africa and around the World.
Durban is blessed with having some of the finest weather in the World, with further acknowledgement of having amongst the best Sailing waters on the Globe. To make the most of these features one needs to be outdoors, and better still, on a boat. It is not a pre-requisite for members to be boat-owners, as many boats require anything from 2 to 10 crew members, and as a result many of our current members fulfil their sporting aspirations as crew.
Point Yacht Club has produced countless Regional Champions, many National Champions, as well as
several Olympians and even World Champions. We are certainly one of the “powerhouse” Yacht Clubs in South Africa, and with our more recent diversification into additional boating disciplines look forward into earning accolades in those areas too.
Enormous experience is available to be learned from our current members –one just needs to ask.
Online Membership Application form
Welcome to our membership application portal. There are 2 methods of filling in the application form:
Method 1: Download and email
1. Click to download the printable application form
2. Print and fill in the application form
3. Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Method 2: Fill in online by clicking on the link below: